Monday, November 3, 2014

Update 8 - Procrastination

Hey, did you see this week's article?
Some Thoughts

There is something I'm going to admit. I procrastinate. In part this has to do with the way I think. Often, when I begin to think about something, when I sit down to write about it, I immediately feel a kind of pull to focus on something else first.

It would be overly confident (and sound pretty ridiculous) to say this was simply how my mind works and how "we artists" do things or some silliness like that. But, I do think it's possible to force an idea before it's been allowed to sit long enough. Sometimes doing something else really is giving your mind long enough to work on something. On the other hand, sometimes it's just avoiding work because thinking is hard and stuff.

Also, deadlines really help to kick one's butt into gear. But, if you rely on the deadline to do this, you might end up riding pretty close to it. You might need it to breathe down your neck to really motivate you. This also happens to me.

Progress Report

The main point of all this is to let y'all know that I'm changing the release schedule on the blog a bit. I'll still be releasing something every week. But, on weeks I release an article, I won't be doing an update on the book. Considering my habits of procrastination, it's just too much insightful wit attempted in one day. I hope you can manage the withdrawal.


© 2014 John Hiner III

No comments:

Post a Comment