Monday, May 18, 2015

Update 31

A Thought

Do you think that things like Facebook, Twitter, and instantaneous communication actually enable us to get any more done, or are we just busier about it? I know I'm not the first one to ask the question, but it's been occurring to me recently. I will say this though: without instantaneous communication, it isn't at all clear I'd have the chance to do the kind of work I want to do at all.

Progress Report

I begin to understand the appeal of being a hermit. Not that I would want to give up my family or my other work; certainly not. But, I imagine it's quite a bit easier to get things done when you're by yourself in the desert. But, alas, I am not, and things related to other work press upon me. 

On a positive book-related note, someone recently found my draft in progress and began reading it (without my permission, but I forgive them) and said they couldn't bring themselves to put it down. So, that's a hopeful sign, yes?

I hope to have a little more for you next week.

© 2015 John Hiner

No comments:

Post a Comment