Monday, July 6, 2015

Update 38: My House Leaked on my Neighbor's House

I live in a condo on the top floor. It's a lovely place to live in several ways. The view from my balcony makes one feel as if one lived in a tree house. I never have to mow the lawn. I'm only vulnerable to assaults by ninjas or helicopters.

It isn't all gravy, however. As you know, one of the many conveniences of modern life is that, not only are we shielded from the elements in houses of various description, we don't even have to go out into the elements when we want to use them for something. Water, for instance. we just pump that stuff straight into the house, no going down to the river required. It's a great idea in theory and the practice follows suit most of them time.

Today, however, my hot water heater started leaking all down into my neighbors house, which upset him. After various investigations that took up quite a chunk of the day, we discovered the whole device has to be replaced.

Such is modern life. Still glad I don't have to carry jars to the river. 

Hopefully I'll have more for you next week.




© 2015 John Hiner III

No comments:

Post a Comment