Monday, October 6, 2014

Update 4 - Aristotle, Here I Come!

[In cast you missed it. You can find this month's article here.]

Some Thoughts

This is the first real double-feature week on the blog: an article released on the same day as an update. I know that, actually, Update 0 came out on the same day as an article. But, this week, I had to work on October's article while I did research for the book. Update 0 didn't require so much effort.

So, this update is a little light. Next week I should have something to tell you about Aristotle and what he thinks about pop-culture (or its relevant underpinnings. Although he does have something to say about television series' – he doesn't like them. And, while I agree with him, I hope I could convince him they're not all bad).

I enjoyed writing this month's article. I already find myself trying to figure out how I'm going to work the ideas (and at least one other I didn't touch on) into the book.

Lastly, I don't have any plans for November's article, but I've got to start working on it! This is a call for suggestions as to a topic! I'm thinking I'd like to really dig into a movie or a show (though a whole series would be a bit much) or some other particular work. If any of y'all have something you'd like to hear me muse on, go ahead and leave a comment on this post. I'd love to hear your ideas.

Progress Report


Ok! I've finished collecting all the references (for a first pass at least) from Aristotle. That means that I can now start reading! I haven't begun collecting anything from St. Thomas Aquinas yet, because I don't want any more delay. After I peruse what Aristotle has to say about Art and Beauty and make some notes, I'll let it sink in for a while and return to the brain-sweat work of peering at little numbers and typing them into a database.


© 2014 John Hiner III




No comments:

Post a Comment