Monday, December 8, 2014

Update 12

Progress Report

So, I left for north-western New York the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, came back the Sunday after, got sick on Monday, and was sick all week. No writing got done until today.

However, my trip yielded some interesting food for thought: we went to both The Strong National Museum of Play and the Albright-Knox Art Gallery. One nearly drove me insane, and the other had a pretty cool video arcade (can you guess which is which?) Both are certainly relevant to the discussion of pop-culture, and some friends have suggested I write about them in an upcoming article. We'll see.

Also, to spite my illness, I managed to have an insight and begin acting on it. I read through my series of articles on art the other day, and realized that it contains pretty good discussion of both mankind and the nature of art, which just so happen to be the first things I want to cover in the book. Then I remembered that the whole idea with this book was to use the stuff I'd written for the blog as raw material.

I'd been attempting to rewrite several of the things I'd already expressed (or begun to express) in those articles. Now I'm engaged in the interesting processes of reworking and elaborating on things I've already written. Should be interesting.

That's all for now. Good night.


© 2014 John Hiner III




No comments:

Post a Comment