Monday, May 4, 2015

Update 29

An announcement

I've concluded, upon reflection, that I'm going to have to discontinue releasing longer form articles on the first Monday of each month. Last month I had a good excuse in that it was Easter break. Today, however, I admit that having to prepare a longer article simply slipped my mind. Since I've started writing for Pixel Dynamo, I've been a lot busier and the way I use my time has changed considerably. If I'm going to keep pace with my work over there, as well as write this book, I have to admit that there are only so many hours in a day.

I'll still be writing here every week, giving updates on the book's progress and offering some thoughts about things in general, but the longer articles are on hold for the time being.

Progress Report

I've compiled everything I've written for the book so far into a single document, so that I can take a look at how things are going over all. I read it through today, and I was surprised both by how good some of it sounded and by how much more there is to do.

The plan now is to finish up a couple sections, make a few passes through Part 1 to expand things, and then get some people together to tell me how all this is sounding. Then, once Part 1 is in some kind of order, I've got 10 commentaries to write, plus the 5 sections of Part 2. It's quite a task, but I will soldier on.

© 2015 John Hiner III

No comments:

Post a Comment